Forest Products and Agriculture
Our attorneys offer clients extensive expertise in the forest products and agricultural industries. We represent timberland owners, sawmills, wood products manufacturers, and others in the wood products industry, as well as wineries, farmers, and ranchers. We routinely assist our forest products clients in the following areas:
- Buying and selling timber, timberlands, and manufacturing plants
- Obtaining access to timber across private or government-owned lands
- Harvesting, transporting, and milling logs
- Selling manufactured products
- Timber taxation
- Environmental and regulatory matters
- Tax-deferred exchanges
- Cutting contracts, timber deeds, and logging contracts
- Dispute resolution
We regularly represent clients involved in all areas of agriculture, including farming (e.g., crop, dairy, and cattle) and the processing and production of agricultural products. We have assisted clients in buying, selling, and leasing agricultural land and in succession planning for family farms. Our attorneys also represent clients in the formation and operation of wineries and vineyards, including organizing the business, acquiring property and products, and preparing licensing and distribution agreements.
We are proud of Oregon’s extensive history in forest products and are pleased to be able to assist these key industries, which remain important economic engines for the state.